Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First Day Blues

I can't even begin to describe what this day was like. I've been toxic at work before, even more so than I was today. But today was different. I was lost. I guess that's to be expected on the first day of anything. For some reason, I just couldn't get the chart data on to my brain even if I read the patient chart twice or three times. I couldn't understand my notes half the time. I pictured each referral from the nurses like paper piling up on my Inbox tray, and I wasn't able to get to them fast enough. Sigh. I envisioned this blog to be focused on the lessons I learn from patients and the people I interact with. But today, just because it's my first day, allow it to be all about me.

Tomorrow's going to be a brand new day. I just hope I wiped the slate clean this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. It's okay, Karl. You're allowed days like that. It's just one of many and pretty soon it'll be so familiar to you, you'll know it like the back of your hand. Like you said, tomorrow is a brand new day (or... is that now today?) and it will be a clean slate to start fresh from. Keep that attitude and keep moving forward. You'll be fine. :o)

    ReplyDelete